Noise & Vibration Monitoring Technician
About the role
The Monitoring Technician will carry out the full cycle of operations that are required for noise and vibration monitoring. This includes, but is not limited to, the full setup and calibration of monitoring equipment in the office, commuting to/from sites to install or pick-up monitoring equipment, organising and undertaking programmed, or on-demand, visits for fault diagnosis and repair, generating technical reports, liaising with Clients, preparing and sending quotes and associated correspondence with Clients.
Your qualifications/Job specification
- Self-motivated, confident and professional
- Any qualification in acoustics, noise/vibration assessments would be an advantage, but full training can be provided if no such qualification is obtained
- Knowledge of basic electronic and electrical engineering would be an advantage
- Excellent time management and calendar management skills
- Flexibility with starting and finishing times, including potential overnight stays away from company premises with all company-related expenses covered
- Flexibility to work occasional weekends
- Excellent attention to detail
- Computer literate with good knowledge of MS Word, and Excel with good data collation skills
- Strong report writing skills
- Full clean UK driving licence
- CSCS card would be considered an advantage
- Familiarity with noise/vibration measurement instrumentation would be considered an advantage
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to measure site specific spaces and fabricate the necessary materials to support the installation of short/long-term noise and vibration monitoring terminals
- Willing to undertake pre-completion sound insulation testing once qualified
What we offer
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive basic salary, full training if required, plus benefits including healthcare cover. A company vehicle will be provided with all the required PPE and tools to complete your role effectively.
Please note that travel is not limited to the local surrounding area as total UK coverage is necessary.